Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Observations and Thoughts

Go down 
+3
BardoXV
Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon
Erik
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Female Posts : 107

Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:39 am

Erik wrote:
It might be hard to find a cute recluse-girl, but I'm sure I could find one, if I look in the right places.

This sort of minimalist mentality is bad for capitalism, very bad. And that's why the system has a sea of yuppies ready to deride anyone, who isn't congruent with the framework.

Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 56985594_5da1f19609

Girls are needy, emotionally unbalanced social creature scum. The only reason they prefer men is because women bore them. It's not that they are really attracted to the male form, they are just excite ment whores who need someone in their life to give them energy.

I was one of those women, I suppose I still am. Difference is humans bore me to the point where there is no point in seeking to submit to them any further, they have nothing to offer me. I am superior to them, I am the Greatest, Most Powerfulest, Highest Levelest of all.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:50 am

Trixie wrote:
Girls are needy, emotionally unbalanced social creature scum. The only reason they prefer men is because women bore them. It's not that they are really attracted to the male form, they are just excite ment whores who need someone in their life to give them energy.

I was one of those women, I suppose I still am. Difference is humans bore me to the point where there is no point in seeking to submit to them any further, they have nothing to offer me. I am superior to them, I am the Greatest, Most Powerfulest, Highest Levelest of all.

Women are more attracted to the 'form' of a male's personality ( mind ); men are more attracted to the outward form of females ( body ). It's a dualism, a yin-yang harmony. But women can be lustful of the male form too, for example, six-pack-abs and v-tapers.

I think you just need to find the right boyfriend, someone who shares your interests.
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:11 am

The scientific reason for this is thus.

Estrogen is a depressant, like Marijuana. It causes High at first but then emotional sensitivity during this high, and later extreme depression. This extreme depression turns into a form of lust and masochism. Wanting long things to enter your mouth and explode. Though it seems men crave novelty such as cars and things, a man can live with out it. But if a woman does not recieve her novelty, the man, or what is popular nowadays the tomboy lesbian companion. For a woman only feels wholly and completely satisfied in the kitchen, serving her partner, or serving and caring for others.

Does a woman ever contribute to this abomination we call a society? Rarely, for every Marie Curie there are 20 male scientists. For every Female who has good youtube channels there are 20 times more males. For every Female creative media type there are 20 more male producers. But being a woman is an injury to herself. For the modern woman does not know true love, just emotional pathetism, marrying men for their money alone. I know plenty of these women, who date men, but never put out just leech their money from them. It is a running gag to these clueless men, but the joke is really on them, on the women, because she is numb to her own pain. The woman further injures herself by continuously giving birth to babies. She craves masochism and in this sense is much stronger than the man, she knows full well her vaginal walls will tear and this gives her great pleasure to think about, despite her screams of agony. Truly the devil is a woman, and she knows full well what hardship it will be to raise a family of such unbearable brats, she complains of this but deep down this is what she wants, for the brats give her relief and purpose, escape from her illness, her mental illness, that which is the illness of being a woman, woman-illness.

Womanness IS a mental illness.

More evidence of woman-ness as a mental illness:

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:51 am

I tend to agree with the bulk of your post, but the little pony videos make me think you are being facetious.

What are your thoughts on male-ness?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Erik wrote:
I tend to agree with the bulk of your post, but the little pony videos make me think you are being facetious.

What are your thoughts on male-ness?

Since when are jokes untrue? Do not equate male-ness with quality. For the superb male mind is a Rarity in a sea of men.
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Invisibility or flight. Which superpower would you rather have, and why? Flight speed is a maximum of 500 mph.

Think about it. Don't make a rash decision; you don't get to change your mind once it's done.
Back to top Go down
http://aeternitatis.forumotion.com/
BardoXV

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 3:37 pm

A mind can seldom recognize the superiority a mind that is even just a little superior to itself.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Erik wrote:
It might be hard to find a cute recluse-girl, but I'm sure I could find one, if I look in the right places.

I don't think it will be difficult at all, especially in this modern climate of social isolation.

There are an incredible amount of people who are just lost and confused, and waiting for that certain somebody to whisk them away to a better place where they no longer have to worry about anything any more.

I attended a medication class years ago just out of curiosity and there were dozens of weird lost women there with that despair look on their faces, so maybe try similar places like that Wink
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:05 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:
Invisibility or flight. Which superpower would you rather have, and why? Flight speed is a maximum of 500 mph.

Think about it. Don't make a rash decision; you don't get to change your mind once it's done.

Damn...

Tough decision; both are great powers.

I'd choose invisibility; more things you can do, or rather, get away with Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:43 am

Zoot Allures wrote:

What about the combination of both in the sense of travelling deeply into people's minds?

A superpower such as flight would allow one to gather a greater understanding of the world by being more in tune with it literally as oppose to observing from a distance.

Having such a speed wouldn't be too far away from invisibility when committing nefarious acts, in the sense you can just exit immediately. Although, invisibility would allow for more careful watching creating the  opportunity to increase one's understanding of things by getting up close and personal.

Since we already have flight, I would have to go with invisibility for the above reason. It would allow me to see the world through a magnifying glass. Smile
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Female Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 10:34 am

Zoot Allures wrote:

For me, it would be flight. I love to soar and I have dreams where I am flying.
Who in their right mind would choose to be invisible overr the choice to FLY? Well, we all have our reasons. Anyway, there is enough invisibility going on in and around the world already.

If you only had that one choice, and there was no going back, it would be flight. Can you imagine flying at 500 mph? I could go anywhere that I wanted to...no ticket needed, no money to be spent, no waiting around in airports, no humans surrounding me during flight. Just me, myself and I in glorious space, as high or low as I wanted to fly.
It would be a spiritual experience flying high in the night sky under the moon under the stars above the surf with the sound of crashing waves resonating within my ears and my heart.
And if one is flying low enough to hear a Chopin or a Debussy streaming out of someone's window, well, then, what more could there be to life than flying to that music in that present moment?

As mannequin said too, there would also be a degree, a great degree of invisibility the higher you flew.
So very much to see, with that Eagle's eye. Even the change in position, of perspective, would afford one a greater outlook on what really goes on in the world. Seeing things at different angles or heights can change our awareness of life.
We can even save some lives in this way. We see someone in danger, we can fly down and scoop them up and carry them to a safe place.

I could even do acrobatics up there. Also, just imagine, perching on the highest tree I can find and hanging out with the birds. lol

I CAN FLY! I CAN FLY!

“You will begin to touch heaven, Jonathan, in the moment that you touch perfect speed. And that isn’t flying a thousand miles an hour, or a million, or flying at the speed of light. Because any number is a limit, and perfection doesn’t have limits. Perfect speed, my son, is being there.”
― Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:05 am

Zoot Allures wrote:

I think this is probably a usual drive-by post, as this person has yet to make more posts let alone respond to other peoples' opinions on this question.

By the way, here's my two cents into this thread. I think people should learn to adapt their minds to spot this kind of troll tactic, as with other kinds of troll tactics. Here are some things that I have picked up on when I was on PhilosophyNow forums.

1) They usually have account names that are a bit shady and dubious. One real example would be "TheBlackJew" (who did this troll tactic on PNow).
2) They usually post insignificant topics which vary from subtle to overt. This post by Zoot Allures seems to fit that category.
3) Some other thing that I've thought is that most of these trolls that come on here usually try to advertise some other website. Now, in the case of Zoot Allures, he's promoting another philosophy forum, which is not really a bad thing, if possibly for the purpose of connecting with other people from other forums. I just like to point this out, because some people on PNow forums had URLs that were advertising for various products, which has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of the forum.
4) Much more obvious is that the delay to respond or make more posts is long, and that the poster has yet to do so.

Thus, I think we should probably take trolling more into account here on this forum - at least in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:35 am

Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 So_wha13
WanderingLands wrote:
\"Zoot wrote:

I think this is probably a usual drive-by post, as this person has yet to make more posts let alone respond to other peoples' opinions on this question.

The dog is saying "So What".

I remembered an anecdote - couldn't find it - where a buddhist monk during a continued story about this and that happening kept giving as a response to what happened during the story a "So What". I thought that a "so what" was appropriate here.

So what does it matter? Is my response any less meaningful if whoever he is never returns again?  sunny
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:47 am

WanderingLands wrote:

By the way, here's my two cents into this thread. I think people should learn to adapt their minds to spot this kind of troll tactic, as with other kinds of troll tactics. Here are some things that I have picked up on when I was on PhilosophyNow forums.

1) They usually have account names that are a bit shady and dubious. One real example would be "TheBlackJew" (who did this troll tactic on PNow).
2) They usually post insignificant topics which vary from subtle to overt. This post by Zoot Allures seems to fit that category.
3) Some other thing that I've thought is that most of these trolls that come on here usually try to advertise some other website. Now, in the case of Zoot Allures, he's promoting another philosophy forum, which is not really a bad thing, if possibly for the purpose of connecting with other people from other forums. I just like to point this out, because some people on PNow forums had URLs that were advertising for various products, which has absolutely nothing to do with the purpose of the forum.
4) Much more obvious is that the delay to respond or make more posts is long, and that the poster has yet to do so.

Thus, I think we should probably take trolling more into account here on this forum - at least in my opinion.

I didn't suspect trolling, not in any overt sense, like trying to enrage people. Could he be a subtle troll? Possible, yes, as the question could be seen as condescending and trivial.

You have moderating power, WanderingLands, so don't be shy about employing your power, where you feel it needs to be done.

Btw, for consistent trolls, they will be demoted to Hades - only able to make posts there - and will receive the 'ghost' status.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:56 am

Erik wrote:

I didn't suspect trolling, not in any overt sense, like trying to enrage people. Could he be a subtle troll? Possible, yes, as the question could be seen as condescending and trivial.

You have moderating power, WanderingLands, so don't be shy about employing your power, where you feel it needs to be done.

I can't really find a way to ban him; I don't have the tools to do so.

I'm watching a video on this, and it shows that a moderator has a control panel which enables them to have that power of a moderator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-fFZiRnrTA
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:04 pm

For spammers and hardcore trolls, they can be banned instantly. But for 'semi-trolls', they will be demoted to 'ghost' status and relegated to only being able to post in Hades, until they show signs of progress.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:15 pm

I watched Donnie Darko the othe night. Can anyone tell me how the movie ACTUALLY ended or is it supposed to be up for grabs?

Did he sacrifice his life for the girl he liked? Did his curling up in his bed, with a goofy smile on his face, seal his fate? Did he know that by being in his bed "this time around" he would die - if in fact he did die.

Or was he taken up into that parellel universe when the plane came crashing down that time around and the wormhole, whatever, collapsed, closed?
Such an interesting subject matter - time travel, alternate universes, though I don't actually "see" them.

I do see time as standing still if in fact time actually does move or stand still - but i see it as standing still when we live in the present moment - that's kind of like my idea of what eternity is.

Anyway, what happened to him? Or was it all from a delusional mind and nothing more?
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:26 pm

[quote="WanderingLands"]
Erik wrote:

My question to you would be this:
Do you think that it is conducive at this point in this forum to start banning people? They might be back you know - not everyone has the time to be here every single day and how can you know what his or her true motive was in opening that line of questioning? Don't go throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

One also has the power of reason too. Look just how well "moderating" power does over at ilp.
We need to use what little power we actually have in moderation, don't you think or at least exercise that power to the degree which it actually must be exercised. That's what I think.

Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:

My question to you would be this:
Do you think that it is conducive at this point in this forum to start banning people? They might be back you know - not everyone has the time to be here every single day and how can you know what his or her true motive was in opening that line of questioning? Don't go throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

One also has the power of reason too. Look just how well "moderating" power does over at ilp.
We need to use what little power we actually have in moderation, don't you think or at least exercise that power to the degree which it actually must be exercised. That's what I think.

I understand your concerns and will guarantee that there will not be any abuse of power here.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 5:15 pm

I didn't suspect trolling, but I did feel that the post was fairly random and robotic. I thought it would of been more appropriate to make a thread about the question he was asking. I wouldn't necessarily class it as a drive-by post neither, in the trolling sense, it might just be a random genuine post, plus that person may come back.

I agree with arc that the post still generates responses which are still significant to the topic. Probably best not to make a fuss about it ...
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:26 pm

Earlier today...

Zoot Allures wrote:
So I joined another forum, and my first post was the following:

Quote :

Now before I posted I looked very carefully for a forum and/or thread in which such a post would be appropriate. Most forums have a kind of standard 'small talk' forum and/or thread of some form or another where anything, with the exception of illegal substance and/or material which is against that specific forum's rules, is acceptable.

The thread I found was called 'Observations and Thoughts', and this thread was composed of a large variety of topics and content. Naturally, I assumed if this forum had a 'small talk' section, this would be it... so I posted in it.

Less than twenty-four hours later I was banned.

Now this is interesting because it suggests that they (moderators and administrators) believe they can so confidently declare I am a troll, the evidence for such being a single post (a troll is a serial poster), by seeing a harmless post in a thread in which such a post would only be appropriate.    

Where in the forum rules would my post be described? What kind of violation is it? Or is this just the whimsical decision of a moderator? If the latter, I would love to have a chat with this moderator about how to be a moderator. This moderator's customer relations skills leave much to be desired.

The moderator says 'I believe this is a drive-by posting'.

Quote :
You have been banned from this forum.
Until 04/04/2015 For the reason : Drive-by posting. If you want to stay, please actually participate on this forum.

Perhaps, but how much time should this moderator allow to pass before he/she can determine the poster won't post again?

I hadn't said two words in less than twenty-four hours and I got the shaft!

What if I were prepared to post moments before my ban? In that case I wouldn't have been a drive-by poster?

So now I've got to ask myself would I want to be a member at a forum run by trigger happy moderators who are capable of such clumsy, absentminded reasoning and hasty assumption.

Worse things have happened. I'm willing to give them a do-over. But just one more. This ain't baseball.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 7:37 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:

Now before I posted I looked very carefully for a forum and/or thread in which such a post would be appropriate. Most forums have a kind of standard 'small talk' forum and/or thread of some form or another where anything, with the exception of illegal substance and/or material which is against that specific forum's rules, is acceptable.

You couldn't of really looked that carefully because Hades (The last forum) is the small-talk area, it does ACTUALLY say "small-talk" in the forum title...
Back to top Go down
Zoot Allures

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:08 pm

Okay, I see that. My bad. However, that being true, would it necessarily mean I shouldn't have posted where I did post? Look at the thread and observe the kinds of posts in it. Does my post not qualify as one which could be posted there?

You know, this is a helluva way to make an entry at a new forum. Quibbling over this kind of nonsense.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:25 pm

Zoot Allures wrote:
Okay, I see that. My bad. However, that being true, would it necessarily mean I shouldn't have posted where I did post? Look at the thread and observe the kinds of posts in it. Does my post not qualify as one which could be posted there?

I don't see a problem with it personally. Others might see the post outside of "Discussions in philosophy, politics, religion, etc", but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Quote :

You know, this is a helluva way to make an entry at a new forum. Quibbling over this kind of nonsense.

Agreed.

It's no big deal, just carry on as normal and I'm sure things will be fine, there is a rant section if you would like to use that..

To be fair to WanderingLands, that initial post did seem a bit random, and somewhat randomly posted combined with a lack of activity on your account for a number of days, and a link from your account to another forum.. It did seem a bit troll/bot like..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:36 am

Zoot Allures wrote:

I already have both powers. Doesn't matter if you believe me, humans wouldn't believe far-fetched things even if they were true. Except when it comes to religion, people'll believe anything there.

This medication class you speak of, did they need medicated or did they want to pump medication down the butts of others (ala lesbian rock videos.)

As for mods, too many power hungry fools out there who ban people for the slightest whim. Reminds me of this spoiled brat I knew who banned me because she was so shitsure i was someone I was not. It's like putting 4 year olds in charge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Observations and Thoughts    Observations and Thoughts  - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Observations and Thoughts
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Academia :: φιλοσοφία-
Jump to: