Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reincarnation. My topic about it

Go down 
+2
Erik
Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Female Posts : 161

Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 am

Erik wrote:
Trixie,

I have a forum, a forum I'd like to keep serious.

In order to maintain order, one must be austere.

I gave you a second chance and a warning, but your bravado was too much for you to handle.

You must be punished and learn your lesson.

Perhaps I am stepping out of line here just being a lowly peon member but AUSTERE? Isn't that too strong a word, Erik, especially considering this:

Quote :
More like raped then shot, then raped again..then feed her a piece chicken through a ouija board.

Quote :
Indeed, she could of really been somebody and did something with her life, but I guess not, she decided to let herself go and become the overweight scum bag she is today.

Consistency might be better than austerity, don't you think and observing the spirit of the law if not the total letter of the law.
How does the above in quotes harmonize with a beautiful aristocratic environment?
What does one really learn when the one spitting into the wind is spit right back at by that same wind?

As a Mom, I don't think in terms of "punished" - that's kind of a harsh word. We are all adults here. We don't often learn much by being punished and demanding that we learn a lesson.

"Disciplined" which means to teach might be better. I'm not trying to push any buttons here - just a little 'knock knock" on the brain.

Don't you think that one needs to feel their way around and gain some kind of equilibrium in the beginning - or at least teach by example.

Now you can go ahead and throw me into Hades if you wish.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Erik wrote:
Trixie,

I gave you a second chance and a warning, but your bravado was too much for you to handle.

Perhaps I am stepping out of line here just being a lowly peon member but AUSTERE? Isn't that too strong a word, Erik, especially considering this:

Quote :
More like raped then shot, then raped again..then feed her a piece chicken through a ouija board.

Quote :
Indeed, she could of really been somebody and did something with her life, but I guess not, she decided to let herself go and become the overweight scum bag she is today.

Consistency might be better than austerity, don't you think and observing the spirit of the law if not the total letter of the law.
How does the above in quotes harmonize with a beautiful aristocratic environment?
What does one really learn when the one spitting into the wind is spit right back at by that same wind?

As a Mom, I don't think in terms of "punished" - that's kind of a harsh word. We are all adults here. We don't often learn much by being punished and demanding that we learn a lesson.

"Disciplined" which means to teach might be better. I'm not trying to push any buttons here - just a little 'knock knock" on the brain.  

Don't you think that one needs to feel their way around and gain some kind of equilibrium in the beginning - or at least teach by example.

I actually agree with you on this. If this forum is going to have more quality and seriousness, it should definitely have some decency, instead of lashing disparaging insults that are more in line with the childish high-school mentality.
Back to top Go down

Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 2:36 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Erik wrote:
Trixie,

Quote :

Quote :

Well, considering I knew Erik in real life, when I met him he was rather young and inexperienced, and I don't think he's changed much since there. There are two types of mysogynsts, ones who's mysogny comes from a place of love, and the others who's mysogny comes from a place of hate. I would say mannequin is the later, probably he has faced some rejection and or some sort of trans-related self-identity issues in the past and feels the need to angst it out.

As for WanderingLands, if you ever want Erik to wise up and act mature it's not going to happen, I am not sure if you were aware but this little forum was made as a little joke of his a while back. As far as acadamia and saving the human race, knowing him from real life, I'm not sure if he actually cares that much about it.

As for this book, you've presented lots of quotes but nothing you have advertised to me it is a book of any worth. You see apes have evolved to be in a place of power due to their greed, selfishness, lies, violence, and scheming.
These are obvious facts. A book that tells obvious facts is quite boring. I am well aware that natural selection favors the mighty mathematically, telling me simple mathematics is quite a bore, and when you try to act like a book is special or divine because it worships the apelike nature and instincts of the chimpanzees, such praise I scoff at.

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Trix, your description of the book is overly simplistic and myopic. You need to actually read the book in order to fathom its depth. It's actually a profound book, if you understand the entire context and implications.
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
A Shieldmaiden

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 9:50 pm

Quote :
Well, considering I knew Erik in real life, when I met him he was rather young and inexperienced, and I don't think he's changed much since there. There are two types of mysogynsts, ones who's mysogny comes from a place of love, and the others who's mysogny comes from a place of hate. I would say mannequin is the later, probably he has faced some rejection and or some sort of trans-related self-identity issues in the past and feels the need to angst it out.

As for WanderingLands, if you ever want Erik to wise up and act mature it's not going to happen, I am not sure if you were aware but this little forum was made as a little joke of his a while back. As far as acadamia and saving the human race, knowing him from real life, I'm not sure if he actually cares that much about it.

That will be the death blow for this Forum.

Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:36 pm

Omg it's the end of the world guys..oh myyyy god! It's allll over now..somebody call the ambulances, it's an emergency..I'm calling the town mayor right now! To beg him for help ..I might have to suck his dick behind the scenes to influence public opinion.. dont worry guys, I got moninca Lewinsky to mentor me ..so things will be good soon..I'll let you know when i swallow..
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 11:57 pm

Erik man, pleasssse help meee, i'm so full of anger and hate for the women, i just...i just can't seem to get them out of my mind, it bothers me so much, i've been in bed all week, i can't eat, sleep or anything..i'm completely drained..i just don't want to be like this anymore mann, i just want things to go back to normal, make it all right again..but it's too late now, just too late!!!!rejection is so hard to take, i was like walking down the street and this girl was coming my way, and she decided to turn her head away in the other direction and reject my imaginary advances..how could she do this to me!!!!fucking bitch!! fucking bitch i hate her!!! arrrrrrgh!!!!that's it!!! i'm tired of this rejecting shit!..no! no more! no more will i take this!!! you know what ill fucking do, i'll tell you what i'll fucking do, fucking little bitch..when i see her, yeah, i'll ..i'll look away beforee she looks away, that's it! that'll get her, i won't allow her the opportunity to reject me!! i'll reject her first!! i'll cross over!! and walk backwards towards her so my back is facing her! yes! fucking  yes!! winning ..fucking winnning....
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Female Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 10:35 am

Wotan

Quote :
a series of ever changing moments.

That's, actually, not what we really are.

This perception of the world, as isolated series of events or moments, which precede one another, is just the way we conceptualize the world, in order to maneuver through it more efficiently. Reality is, really, a process - a continuous flow ( see Bergson: 'duration' and 'intuition' ).

Trixie didn't actually say "isolated series" unless she did and I didn't read it. But time does seem to flow in one direction, doesn't it? But it certainly isn't isolated - it can be seen as cause and effect. I think for me a good way to see it aside from flowing like a river which does seem to say that it flows forward but the important thing is that it "flows".

A way to see it is as I love to view a pond when I throw a pebble in it. The pebble which is all of us - all that we cause to happen - creates the motion of ripples which extend outward all around - one ripple causing another ripple and so forth onward and outward...til it gradually dissapates and is no more til another pebble - us - is thrown in. lol
That's life, that's time.

Quote :
I do allow room for the possibility of reincarnation, but need more substantial evidence, in order to hop on that train.
That's the way I feel about it.  Wouldn't it be so nice to be able to come back and do things differently - maybe finding a way in this life to remember through meditation or contemplation - what we were and how we were in this life.

Aside from that, this is the only life we have so we can act as if this is our reincarnated life. Isn't that exciting...each moment anyway is kind of a reincarnation I think. Well, we can look at it that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation. My topic about it
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Academia :: άδης-
Jump to: