Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Engaged in life?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BardoXV

Engaged in life?   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engaged in life?    Engaged in life?   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 11:43 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:
mannequin wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:

Perhaps you might have asked him the question - What do You mean by "engage" - just saying.
There are different ways to go about it.

What does it mean to you to not be engaged in life?

I would prefer to keep it focused more on the positive than the negative.

To be engaged in life for me is to be a willing and active participant in life, to do things which contribute to our own personal evolution and that of others...for instance, participating in a philosophy forum in order to learn, to teach, to engage/participate in the larger and more profound questions of life.

To be engaged in life would be the warrior going off to war, the teacher in the classroom, the farmer on his tractor, the  children playing with their mud pies, lol you and I being in here actively engaging in discussion with my obviously annoying you. I find it to be a compliment when a man says that I am annoying him. That means that I am fully being engaged in life.

Engaging something is meeting it headlong, either struggling with it, discovering the newness of it, along with all of the emotions and thoughts which it gives us. geek

It also means that the other person is hearing and thinking about what you are saying. That would seem to indicate that both of you are engaged in life.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Female Posts : 161

Engaged in life?   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engaged in life?    Engaged in life?   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2015 11:11 am

BardoXV

Quote :
It also means that the other person is hearing and thinking about what you are saying. That would seem to indicate that both of you are engaged in life.

Indeed! One of the most important and exhilarating ways to engage in life is by meaningful open dialogue, the exchange of ideas/thoughts. Language would not have come to be if there hadn't been seen and felt such a need for it.

Dialogue is ALSO ambrosia for the soul. sunny
Back to top Go down

Engaged in life?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2