Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rants

Go down 
+2
AvantGarde
Erik
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon

Female Posts : 107

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 6:54 pm

Erik wrote:
Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon wrote:
Erik wrote:
What keeps you alive then, Trixie?

The Universe. I am a preacher, I have to preach the values that I know. Suicide is a fool's errand, as reincarnation would just respawn you again after death. I am trying to maximize awareness of this so next go around people will have more knowledge, so we can eventually challenge the universe itself.

Why do you believe in reincarnation?

Several reasons. Spend a few days think about it. Some things are better understood on your own.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 7:00 pm

I've thought about it before, Dear; but it seems like another form of religious BS used to control people's behavior.

Christians: If you do naughty things in this life, your ass will be roasted forever in hell!

Buddhists: If you are naughty in this life, your ass will be reincarnated into another horrible life!

Same shit...
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 7:02 pm

Erik wrote:
I've thought about it before, Dear; but it seems like another form of religious BS used to control people's behavior.

Christians: If you do naughty things in this life, your ass will be roasted forever in hell!

Buddhists: If you are naughty in this life, your ass will be reincarnated into another horrible life!

Same shit...

I don't consider myself a Buddhist. You have a highly suggestible mind, I suggest training yourself and rethinking about reincarnation in a different way.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 7:06 pm

You may not label yourself as Buddhist, but your views reek of Buddhism:

1.) You view life as suffering and worthless.

2.) You believe in reincarnation

I believe in this life, that this is the one and only. And I affirm it with a ' holy ' YES.

Overcome your nihilism, Pumpkin.
Back to top Go down

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:21 pm

Erik wrote:

I believe in this life, that this is the one and only. And I affirm it with a ' holy ' YES.

You seem like the religious zealot, not me. Take some time to ponder, some alone time, regroup your thoughts, you've got a long road ahead of you.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Haha! You really are a silly-sally.

How do I come off as a religious zealot? I'm not stating anything about afterlives, reincarnation, preaching, and so on.

You are too cute, Trixie. And you have spunk, which I admire a lot.
Back to top Go down

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:38 pm

Erik wrote:

How do I come off as a religious zealot? I'm not stating anything about afterlives, reincarnation, preaching, and so on.

I asked you to take a few days and think a moment and use a clear mind. Instead you give me a chain of reactionary response with no thought at all. What I'm trying to do, is I'm trying to get you to learn how to think.
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:39 pm

Erik wrote:

1.) is one of the negative aspects of Buddhist teachings.

2.) is taught with both negative and positive aspects.

To balance the negative of suffering is the joy of being satisfied with whatever you have and not being troubled by wanting more.

Your attitude is one of the positive aspects of Agnosticism, if that is your belief, I don't see anything that would indicate that you are Atheist, but I could be wrong.

The converse belief that I have found in religion, is that since there is another life to follow, a person doesn't need to get this one right. Of course some religions stress trying to get this one right, to justify getting the next life. Really it all gets rather complicated when you try to figure it out, in spite of what the religious types try to tell you.

I'm glad that you admire Trixie's spunk, as that is just about the only good quality I can see in her.
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:42 pm

Interisting, Been there, done that. Trixie is no more a teacher that Peacegirl was, and she wasn't a teacher either. I was teacher for 7 years and I recognize one when I see one.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:45 pm

Erik wrote:

I asked you to take a few days and think a moment and use a clear mind. Instead you give me a chain of reactionary response with no thought at all. What I'm trying to do, is I'm trying to get you to learn how to think.

I'll ruminate on it some more, since you are so insistent; but I'd like for you to contemplate something also:

The root cause of your nihilism.

----------

Bardo,

I'm an atheistic-agnostic, which is to say that I don't believe in God; yet I don't claim to have certain knowledge ( gnosis ) of his non-existence.

Most religions are centered around a ' beyond ', a world to come. The followers waste the lives they have here and now, in turn for some world that, probably, does not exist.

Trixie is a cool chic. I think she has more to reveal.
Back to top Go down

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:53 pm

BardoXV wrote:

I'm glad that you admire Trixie's spunk, as that is just about the only good quality I can see in her.  

BardoXV wrote:
To my credit I'm retired and my house is in the woods, so I am exposed to nature 24/7 and I am very comfortable with that, as is my wife, which might explain the length of our marriage, 37 years this month. Along with that I am constantly fascinated with cosmology and quantum theories and everything in between, there is very little in nature that doesn't stir some interest in me.

BardoXV wrote:
I have no illusions about reliving the past, my question was regarding from this time on. I'm not sure that I have really missed anything compared to what I have experienced, I was just wondering what others might have experienced that they found meaningful. There is always the question, at least there was for me, if things had been different, what would I have gained and what would I have lost. What did you do that allowed you to really feel alive?

BardoXV wrote:
In other words, "be careful what you wish for, you might get it". Speculation about the past can be interesting, but it shouldn't preoccupy you to the point of ignoring the present.

BardoXV wrote:
That is an extremely difficult question, given that I have children and grandchildren, and none of them am I willing to give up to change the present. Perhaps someone without offspring could more easily name certain aspects of their lives that they could change, but offspring tend to lock anyone with feelings about them into the present situation. My oldest grandchild will be 21 this April, but 9 years ago my grandson was born and I have been the 3rd parent since then, and 5 years ago my granddaughter was born in the same situation. I just don't see how I could ever want to change anything. There is always the question, if you give up one aspect of your past, what else will you loose. I believe that Orson Bean did a TV program many years ago that explored this idea.

BardoXV wrote:
As you say, Trixie butchered it, the rewritten version makes less sense, and in fact is a bit contradictory. How can you be engaged in life and yet not really be alive. But then its the typical nihilism that I've read in her other posts, so no surprises there. The only way I could see that as being valid is if being engaged in life is interpreted as being so busy with the stuff of life that you miss the actual activity of being alive. If that is what she meant then it's a case of not seeing the forest for the trees. In that case a bit of reevaluation might be in order. In my case I have lived an examined life from many aspects and I like to think that I am aware of what is going on around me. To put it another way I see both the forest and the trees. There's too much good for me to want out of this life yet.

BardoXV wrote:
Interisting, Been there, done that. Trixie is no more a teacher that Peacegirl was, and she wasn't a teacher either. I was teacher for 7 years and I recognize one when I see one.

N
BardoXV wrote:
ov. over a year ago I was at the dentist and the calendar on the wall had photos from the Hubble telescope.   This one in particular had several examples of a gravitational lensing and I must have been enthusiastic in my explanation. They saved the calendar and gave it to my wife almost a year later.   I get totally in awe, when I try to comprehend the scale of things in the photos.

BardoXV wrote:
To put it briefly, teach them to be nice, but don't teach to expect that in return.

A variation on your smiting quote, is to turn the other cheek, as in butt cheeks while you are running away.

mannequin wrote:
and boy! do they fucking mean it! ..

BardoXV wrote:
That is probably what they need, and it might settle things.
BardoXV wrote:
Hey watch it, I'm one of those "Old Fucks" you were talking about, but I accept that the world is changing even If I don't want to change with it. I have a cell phone because I was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and my wife said I was getting one.

BardoXV wrote:
BTW, I don't drive slow, yet, and I often get upset when some slow driver is in my way, mostly older people but sometimes a young person. My wife drives way too slow for me, I'm glad I taught my daughters to drive, they drive just like me.

BardoXV wrote:
I must agree, but I don't like it, that being said there are many that I have encountered on the internet that I would have no interest in meeting face to face. But knowing them as a human being also means that I don't want to see them come to harm. On another forum I encountered a person with whom I totally disagreed on several important points, but not seeing him post caused me to be concerned for his welfare. Disagreeing with someone usually does not lead to thoughts of violence, perhaps pity, thoughts of violence are easy against the anonymous "They".

BardoXV wrote:
I hear older people complaining about how younger people are always on their cell phone, tablet or some other electronic devise texting, or something similar, with others.  The complaint seems to be that they are loosing the connection with others because they are not face to face, but what (if anything) have they lost and what have they gained.    Face to Face you need to be within a limited distance to have any interaction, with the electronic medium you can interact with others anywhere in the world, and at some point, perhaps off world.  People occupy an environment, young people are creating a new kind of environment whether older people like it or not.    What is society but people interacting with each other?   Perhaps when everyone is interacting with many others from all over the world, there will be less tendency to want to destroy someone that you have been talking to.   It's easy to say that we should destroy some anonymous "they", but how easy is it to want to destroy someone, when you know their name?

BardoXV wrote:
Years ago I was meditating but nothing organized, just meditating in general.   Not too long ago I mentioned this on another forum, and noted that I had gotten to the stage of being able to breath in one nostril and out the other and then alternate at will.  One of the other members seemed to be very impressed, stating that it was a big accomplishment, I really wasn't thinking that highly of it at the time, it was just something I was doing.

BardoXV wrote:
I'm looking out my windows and this came to mind, I hope it's OK to post someone else's work.

Robert Frost

“Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening”

Whose woods these are I think I know...

BardoXV wrote:
I am planing to build a set of book shelves, and for that project I will make a list and draw the plans to follow.

Today I was watching my wife go down our drive and she got stuck in the snow on one side. I watched her struggle, and then started putting my boots hat and coat on and was ready to step out the door when she called for help. No planning this time, just do it.

It depends on what "Things" need to be done, the trick is knowing what is the appropriate action to take, and then take it.

BardoXV wrote:
I have read many more of Trixies posts than are on this forum, and most of it is drivel. No, I'm not going to waste my time and effort finding it and re-posting it here.It's my opinion after considerable exposure to her posts.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Male Posts : 111

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 8:56 pm

What's the point of that last post above, Trixie?
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:05 pm

WanderingLands wrote:

I would suggest that there is no point, after all this is the "rant" thread.
Back to top Go down

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:05 pm

WanderingLands wrote:

Should be obvious.
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:07 pm

On the good side, now I have several on my posts in one place where I can find them if needed.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:13 pm

hahahaha
Back to top Go down

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:19 pm

Erik wrote:
Erik wrote:

I'll ruminate on it some more, since you are so insistent; but I'd like for you to contemplate something also:

The root cause of your nihilism.

----------

Bardo,

I'm an atheistic-agnostic, which is to say that I don't believe in God; yet I don't claim to have certain knowledge ( gnosis ) of his non-existence.

Most religions are centered around a ' beyond ', a world to come. The followers waste the lives they have here and now, in turn for some world that, probably, does not exist.

Right, because my goal in life is to be a "cool chic" and drink beer with the dudes, while we play tabletop philosophy.
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:24 pm

Erik wrote:

Right, because my goal in life is to be a "cool chic" and drink beer with the dudes, while we play tabletop philosophy.

Well, at least that goal is more realistic than the goal of making lots and lots of money so you can die rich.
Back to top Go down

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Erik wrote:

Speaking of "wasted" lives, how are religious lives any more wasted than yours?
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Erik wrote:

Ouchie!

Well, for one, I don't spend my days in fear of some sky-daddy, some meta-physical alpha male. Moreover, I enjoy the fruits of this life, instead of waiting for some here-after.

Christianity, Islam, etc are the eternal blemishes of mankind; they make of every value a disvalue; of every truth a lie.

Back to top Go down
BardoXV

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:34 pm

Erik wrote:

Yes Erik, what have you done with your life that is worthwhile? I'll work on my list and you work on yours and then we'll have a dick measuring contest, but we'll probably have to leave Trixie out of it, for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Erik wrote:
Erik wrote:

Ouchie!

Well, for one, I don't spend my days in fear of some sky-daddy, some meta-physical alpha male. Moreover, I enjoy the fruits of this life, instead of waiting for some here-after.

Christianity, Islam, etc are the eternal blemishes of mankind; they make of every value a disvalue; of every truth a lie.

So you spend your days enjoying fruit.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:37 pm

haha the troll is becoming weaker and weaker..
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:40 pm

Erik wrote:

That's Old Testament, do try to use the New Testament and be up to date. Your 2nd sentence is a bit better.

BTW, I'm a Lutheran, and we really enjoy the fruits of this life, especially the ones we can eat.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 9:43 pm

BardoXV wrote:
Erik wrote:

Yes Erik, what have you done with your life that is worthwhile?   I'll work on my list and you work on yours and then we'll have a dick measuring contest, but we'll probably have to leave Trixie out of it, for obvious reasons.  

Oh how she would love to be involved, the penis envy is strong in her, clearly! That's what brings about the overly assertive belligerent pseudo masculine force, she wants to be special and different, she's here to teach us all a lesson, put us in our place! The typical anti life female argues for the sake of arguing, just like they do in their offline lives, i guess no man would put up with it, hence the lesbian stench along with the hatred of self.. Just look at her intellectual dishonesty in response to Erik's genuine post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rants - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rants
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Academia :: άδης-
Jump to: