Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Art

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 11:11 am

Favorite Art B164dc68078264f7f80fb8bdce36b36b

Lady Godiva - by William Waterhouse
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:29 pm

Favorite Art De3573967ca392b2ba165134dcf15e65
Favorite Art Tumblr_mlzjkuYH4e1s3ik60o1_1280

- Pierre Auguste Cot
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:45 am

Favorite Art 24408_G_1281036366180

- Pierre Auguste Cot
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:36 am

Favorite Art Sistine.chapel.vatican.10
Favorite Art Sistine3_2504288b

The Sistine Chapel
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 8:10 am

Faust and Mephistopheles:
Favorite Art Faustsymphony
Favorite Art 3063186_orig
Favorite Art Tumblr_n1zyvasaRl1rawb5do1_400
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:47 am

My favorite sketch I've made:
Favorite Art Sketch13

The only real problem I have with it is around the bridge of the nose; I could have blended the lines in a bit more, esp. on the left side. The symmetry and realism ( of the pic in general ) are relatively good, though.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Female Posts : 161

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Favorite Art Parris16

Ecstacy - something so freeing and exhilarating about this painting.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:29 pm

Erik wrote:
My favorite sketch I've made:
Favorite Art Sketch13

The only real problem I have with it is around the bridge of the nose; I could have blended the lines in a bit more, esp. on the left side. The symmetry and realism ( of the pic in general ) are relatively good, though.

Do you know this person, Erik? What kind of a person is she? I'm asking for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:43 pm

Yes, that is my ex-girlfriend " Yosaira ". She was a very intense woman, full of so much passion. You can see the fire in her eyes...
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Erik wrote:
Yes, that is my ex-girlfriend " Yosaira ". She was a very intense woman, full of so much passion. You can see the fire in her eyes...

Well, she may BE a very intense woman. You know her - I don't but what I see in that image is resoluteness. The way her lips are almost "pursed" she seems rather resolute and stubborn.

You say she is intense. Does she, at the same time, have a really soft side? Intenseness, of course, does not suggest a lack of a soft side.
You seem to have portrayed a less-than softer side but that's just my interpretation. As I said, I don't know her.

I'm not an artist but since you sketched her and she was your girlfriend before I go on, I would ask you if you mind my going on?
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Quote :
Well, she may BE a very intense woman. You know her - I don't but what I see in that image is resoluteness. The way her lips are almost "pursed" she seems rather resolute and stubborn.

Yes, resolute is another good adjective to describe her; she was/is a very strong willed woman. She never lagged behind, we were equal in creativity and passion.

Quote :
You say she is intense. Does she, at the same time, have a really soft side? Intenseness, of course, does not suggest a lack of a soft side.
You seem to have portrayed a less-than softer side but that's just my interpretation. As I said, I don't know her.

I could have portrayed her smiling, but I feel like smiling in images is too common and 'used up'. And often, we feign happiness. A more solemn look conveys depth, in my opinion.

Quote :
I'm not an artist but since you sketched her and she was your girlfriend before I go on, I would ask you if you mind my going on?[

Of course! No worries. Feel free to inquire more.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 1:13 pm

Quote :
I could have portrayed her smiling, but I feel like smiling in images is too common and 'used up'. And often, we feign happiness. A more solemn look conveys depth, in my opinion.

Not smiling necessarily but just a softer gentler lol form to her lips. I don't always or most often do not like to smile when I take pictures. I like to just separate my lips slightly. I kind of like the reflective look of maybe being somewhere else lost in thought. lol I prefer the serious look.

Quote :
Of course! No worries. Feel free to inquire more.

I might say then - if you look at the lines extending upward from her lips - I know or suppose that you were trying to show the cheeks and you did a pretty good job from the right side but the left side of her face looks almost like a deep scar, for lack of a better word. The left side is much less pronounced and more real.

But as I said, I'm not an artist but I do pay attention when I'm writing poetry - to what I see and to what i feel.

How many times have you sketched her?
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Quote :
Not smiling necessarily but just a softer gentler lol form to her lips. I don't always or most often do not like to smile when I take pictures. I like to just separate my lips slightly. I kind of like the reflective look of maybe being somewhere else lost in thought. lol I prefer the serious look.

Ha! Does she look ' bitchy ', to you? I.e., like she is having a bad day, perhaps, that 'time of the month' sort of thing? Well, I suppose I can sort of see that, esp. considering that her hair is pinned back, and you know what it means, when a woman's hair is pinned back; all hell is about to break loose...

Quote :
I might say then - if you look at the lines extending upward from her lips - I know or suppose that you were trying to show the cheeks and you did a pretty good job from the right side but the left side of her face looks almost like a deep scar, for lack of a better word. The left side is much less pronounced and more real.

But as I said, I'm not an artist but I do pay attention when I'm writing poetry - to what I see and to what i feel.

How many times have you sketched her?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too - that it almost looks like a 'glasglow' smile.

That was my first time sketching her and the only time; during most of the relationship, I didn't do any art unfortunately...
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Quote :
Ha! Does she look ' bitchy ', to you? I.e., like she is having a bad day, perhaps, that 'time of the month' sort of thing? Well, I suppose I can sort of see that, esp. considering that her hair is pinned back, and you know what it means, when a woman's hair is pinned back; all hell is about to break loose...
I didn't say that nor would I say that. She was your girlfriend and you loved her.
As I said, she looks resolute - you may have done something to aggravate her.

Quote :
That was my first time sketching her and the only time; during most of the relationship, I didn't do any art unfortunately...

Sketch her more often...sketch anything more often. Didn't the artists make the same sketches over and over until they got to how they wanted it?
Study the face until it is so deeply embedded in your mind that the memory of it just comes oozing out of your fingers onto the paper.

Quote :
during most of the relationship, I didn't do any art unfortunately.
Why is that?
I imagine that some artists might be even more inspired by being in love and some might use that passion and creativity (which is a part of our sexual natures) for sex more or less, not art.

But what do I know? Sad
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:31 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Favorite Art Parris16

I think this would be a great avatar for you, Arc. It has YOU written all over it!

The current one you have, in my opinion, is kind of bland....
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Male Posts : 111

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:48 am

Along with that video, I like the paintings of people like William Blake and Wassily Kandinsky. I also like Impressionist paintings as well, and kind of attracted to surrealism.

Favorite Art 5042334_orig
Favorite Art Blake.Albion
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Male Posts : 111

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 9:55 am

Some pictures of psychedelic art.

psychedelic art google search
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:11 am

Favorite Art ZThor_the_god_of_Thunder_
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 7:47 am

Favorite Art Latest?cb=20121020023533

Primal Rage
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:03 am

Wotan wrote:
Favorite Art Parris16

I think this would be a great avatar for you, Arc. It has YOU written all over it!

The current one you have, in my opinion, is kind of bland....

...more than you know. That's the way i more or less feel when i stand before the ocean, or the stars, or looking at nature. It is all so freeing even when we are not feeling so free - it frees.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:05 am

Adam Weishaupt wrote:

Along with that video, I like the paintings of people like William Blake and Wassily Kandinsky. I also like Impressionist paintings as well, and kind of attracted to surrealism.

Favorite Art 5042334_orig
Favorite Art Blake.Albion

I especially like that first image.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 10:19 am

also acquired a while back an appreciation for Scott Mutter's art.

This may be my favorite

Favorite Art A_perf10

There is just something about that that speaks to me.

As for the above - the below...

A lyric I wrote isn't meant to define this image but to speak to it and at the same time to introduce a truism of human nature:

I'm a pilgrim on the edge,
on the edge of my perception
We are travelers at the edge,
we are always at the edge of our perceptions.
Scott Mutter

Favorite Art Surrat10

Just how cool is that?

I love the surrational.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2015 3:42 pm

also acquired a while back an appreciation for Scott Mutter's art.

This may be my favorite

Favorite Art A_perf10

I like that one - nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Art Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Art   Favorite Art I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Art
Page 1 of 1