Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reincarnation. My topic about it

Go down 
+2
Erik
Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Female Posts : 107

Reincarnation. My topic about it Empty
PostSubject: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 10:15 am

Reincarnation is not proven in the conventional way. It is proven because it is all that is. We are a series of ever changing moments. Memories dissappear in one life. How can one say for sure one will retain memory in the next? For there is not "next" but series of one life always moving changing. Death is a drastic transition full of what they call pain and drama. After the drama it is calm then more whining, more drama.

How can one simply "not be"? To be or not be is not even a question. How can one not be?

If your finite minds require further explanation, I have been urging other people to urge men of science like Richard Dawkins to stop wasting his time preaching to idiotic cretins, and focus on the deeper issues, like scientific experimentation related to reincarnation and the nature of existence.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 11:27 am

Quote :

a series of ever changing moments.

That's, actually, not what we really are.

This perception of the world, as isolated series of events or moments, which precede one another, is just the way we conceptualize the world, in order to maneuver through it more efficiently. Reality is, really, a process - a continuous flow ( see Bergson: 'duration' and 'intuition' ).

Quote :

How can one simply "not be"? To be or not be is not even a question. How can one not be?

If being exists, then it logically follows that non-being is real; they define each other, just like up and down define each other, like dark and light define each other. Non-being is the absence of being, just like darkness is the absence of light.

I do allow room for the possibility of reincarnation, but need more substantial evidence, in order to hop on that train.
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Erik wrote:
Quote :

a series of ever changing moments.

That's, actually, not what we really are.

This perception of the world, as isolated series of events or moments, which precede one another, is just the way we conceptualize the world, in order to maneuver through it more efficiently. Reality is, really, a process - a continuous flow ( see Bergson: 'duration' and 'intuition' ).

Quote :

If being exists, then it logically follows that non-being is real; they define each other, just like up and down define each other, like dark and light define each other. Non-being is the absence of being, just like darkness is the absence of light.

I do allow room for the possibility of reincarnation, but need more substantial evidence, in order to hop on that train.

Let me guess, you are about to say "we are nothing."

Then your second clause says you cannot have something without it's opposite.

Do you see where you are going with this?
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 2:45 pm

Quote :

Nope - that's actually what you say about yourself, or your ego, ironically, oh 'great and wise' Trixie.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Erik wrote:
Quote :

Nope - that's actually what you say about yourself, or your ego, ironically, oh 'great and wise' Trixie.

You are spewing nonsense meaning making and putting words in my mouth. You are simply a child jealous of my wisdom. You also failed at my little game and did not bother to play. Not only are you humans not on my level, but you are boring as well.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:32 pm

Game?

What sort of game? A little pony game? World of Warcraft?

I wasn't expecting tangible proof of reincarnation; I was expecting a well-thought-out theory, but you haven't shown this yet.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 7:35 pm

Erik wrote:
Game?

What sort of game? A little pony game? World of Warcraft?

I wasn't expecting tangible proof of reincarnation; I was expecting a well-thought-out theory, but you haven't shown this yet.

Seriously?

This was the game

"Let me guess, you are about to say "we are nothing."

Then your second clause says you cannot have something without it's opposite.

Do you see where you are going with this?"

So male because you could not discern the word game I made up.

Videogames are boring mostly, cept maybe Halo 5 and a couple racing games.

You want a well thought out theory? Why? How could a well thought out theory make 2+2=4 any simpler? Thoughts are by and large mostly bulk, mostly without worth or merit. You should perhaps work on clearing yourself of unneeded thought to reach the truth, rather than adding more bulk than you already have.

As for your thoughts about ego and the nature of existence, you have been tremendously unclear, clear as mud but quick to nitpick and name-call.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:18 am

I wasn't about to say " we are nothing ". I don't know what made you think that. I mean, for crying out loud, I just got done explaining how things are dual in nature, so why would I then proceed to say we are merely nothing? Chew on that for awhile, Trix.

Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Female Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Quote :
Reincarnation is not proven in the conventional way

Reincarnation has not been proven in any way. There was a time that I did believe in reincarnation. I saw the cycles of nature and the seasons and the trees. But actually that means nothing, though it is extremely wonderful and awesome, except where there does continue to be life.

Quote :
It is proven because it is all that is.

Not really, Trixie. It's possible that this life itself is all there is though it would be wonderful to know that we return but even that's debatable.
Your above in quotes seems more like a pipe dream than something being based in some kind of strong possibility.

Quote :
We are a series of ever changing moments.

Yes, this is true though I wouldn't use the word series - we're like an ongoing river.

Quote :
Memories dissappear in one life. How can one say for sure one will retain memory in the next?
It's a romantic notion written of in books and on the movie screen. But it doesn't mean that reincarnation is a reality.
It's possible that what some people intuit as reincarnation insofar as their own memories and intuitions go is cellular memory of our ancestors or family members carried through in our DNA. In that sense, one might say that we exist, on some level, after death.

Quote :
For there is not "next" but series of one life always moving changing. Death is a drastic transition full of what they call pain and drama. After the drama it is calm then more whining, more drama.

Perhaps I got you wrong. Do you or do you not "believe' in reincarnation. I felt that above you were saying that you do.

Quote :

To be or not to be isn't a question. It's more of a challenge to ourselves. Do we wish to simply exist or do we wish to do more than simply exist? Do we wish and do we take life in our hands and do what needs to be done, what we feel called to do or do we just exist like a dead plant lying around?

Quote :
If your finite minds require further explanation, I have been urging other people to urge men of science like Richard Dawkins to stop wasting his time preaching to idiotic cretins, and focus on the deeper issues, like scientific experimentation related to reincarnation and the nature of existence.

Being a skeptic, I'm not sure that any kind of scientific experimentation could lend itself to proof of our immortality as in reincarnation. We are too hired-wired to hold onto life and I think that there might be too much bias involved there. But then again, it would depend on the individual scientist.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Quote :
It is proven because it is all that is.
Not really, Trixie. It's possible that this life itself is all there is though it would be wonderful to know that we return but even that's debatable.
Your above in quotes seems more like a pipe dream than something being based in some kind of strong possibility.  

Simple minded assertion. There is nothing wonderful about returning to this pathetic world, and don't assume that I believe in reincarnation because it comforts me to do so. Your beliefs are based on comforts. There is nothing romantic about reincarnation. Reincarnation infuriates me.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Well, then, we tend to agree on this.

I don't know what 'beliefs" you are speaking about here, Trixie. I have no beliefs about reincarnation except that I don't really see it as ever being provable.

If I did believe, that would be based on comfort. What I had said was that it would be wonderful it it were true but that's not the same as believing. I don't hold to many beliefs actually. I doubt a lot.

But why does reincarnation infuriate you? It's not like someone saying that they saw a witch on a broom flying in the night sky. You can't say that reincarnation is far fetched since it is plausible but that's not truth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 3:46 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:

I don't know what 'beliefs" you are speaking about here, Trixie. I have no beliefs about reincarnation except that I don't really see it as ever being provable.

If I did believe, that would be based on comfort. What I had said was that it would be wonderful it it were true but that's not the same as believing. I don't hold to many beliefs actually. I doubt a lot.

But why does reincarnation infuriate you? It's not like someone saying that they saw a witch on a broom flying in the night sky.  You can't say that reincarnation is far fetched since it is plausible but that's not truth.

Truth has holes. If believed that reincarnation was absolutely inescapable I'd throw in the towel. I am trying my best to transcend existence. As it stands reincarnation is the most logical scientific outcome.

Reincarnation is infuritating because I never asked to exist I never asked for a body or thoughts. My thoughts are grateful that my thoughts are seeking to end this monstrocity known as sus for good.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 4:07 pm

Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon wrote:

But why does reincarnation infuriate you? It's not like someone saying that they saw a witch on a broom flying in the night sky.  You can't say that reincarnation is far fetched since it is plausible but that's not truth.

Truth has holes. Reincarnation is infuritating because I never asked to exist I never asked for a body or thoughts.

Many truths are incomplete.

Quote :
If believed that reincarnation was absolutely inescapable I'd throw in the towel. I am trying my best to transcend existence. As it stands reincarnation is the most logical scientific outcome.
Is it always THAT unbearable for you?

Quote :
My thoughts are grateful that my thoughts are seeking to end this monstrocity known as sus for good.
I know what it's like to feel this way but not all of the time.
Have you ever considered that your thoughts are what is adding fuel to the fire? There's only really one way to transcend existence - and that's by trying to live with yourself in the best way possible.

So what do you think is at the root of your hatred for life?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 4:09 pm

Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon wrote:

Truth has holes. Reincarnation is infuritating because I never asked to exist I never asked for a body or thoughts.

Many truths are incomplete.

Quote :
If believed that reincarnation was absolutely inescapable I'd throw in the towel. I am trying my best to transcend existence. As it stands reincarnation is the most logical scientific outcome.
Is it always THAT unbearable for you?

Quote :
My thoughts are grateful that my thoughts are seeking to end this monstrocity known as sus for good.
I know what it's like to feel this way but not all of the time.
Have you ever considered that your thoughts are what is adding fuel to the fire? There's only really one way to transcend existence - and that's by trying to live with yourself in the best way possible.

So what do you think is at the root of your hatred for life?

Myselfs thoughts are my self's thoughts. Pleasure and pain have mathematical scientific qualities unbeknowgnst to you. I wonder if I am the only sentient lifeform in the galaxy. No, there are more.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Quote :
Myselfs thoughts are my self's thoughts.

That's true. You needn't tell me your thoughts. Some thoughts need to remain private. We have to guard them they're part of ourselves which we don't have to share with others unless we choose to.
Don't scatter yourself to the winds.

Quote :
Pleasure and pain have mathematical scientific qualities unbeknowgnst to you
This is true. Those mathematical scientific qualities are unbeknownst to me. i have no idea what you're talking about.
But I've known great pleasure and I've known great pain. I'm not sure what I've known more of.
They don't really have to be measured. That could sensed when experiencing.

Quote :
I wonder if I am the only sentient lifeform in the galaxy. No, there are more.
I'm glad you realize that you are not the only one. That would make for a very lonely existence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 5:08 pm

Quote :
Myselfs thoughts are my self's thoughts.

That's true. You needn't tell me your thoughts. Some thoughts need to remain private. We have to guard them they're part of ourselves which we don't have to share with others unless we choose to.
Don't scatter yourself to the winds.

Quote :
Pleasure and pain have mathematical scientific qualities unbeknowgnst to you
This is true. Those mathematical scientific qualities are unbeknownst to me. i have no idea what you're talking about.
But I've known great pleasure and I've known great pain. I'm not sure what I've known more of.
They don't really have to be measured. That could sensed when experiencing.

Quote :
I wonder if I am the only sentient lifeform in the galaxy. No, there are more.
I'm glad you realize that you are not the only one. That would make for a very lonely existence.

Can't be sure that I am not alone. No "scientific evidence." Therefore, I am going to say that the idea of other sentient beings has been refuted and such concepts are unscientific, and religious.

"That's true. You needn't tell me your thoughts. Some thoughts need to remain private. We have to guard them they're part of ourselves which we don't have to share with others unless we choose to.
Don't scatter yourself to the winds."

Another ridiculous statement, what thoughts need to remain private? I shouldn't share my magic tricks? What about Uranus? Magicians get so bored...Sometimes you just need to take a Nep and listen to the Tunes...
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 8:27 am

I warned you, Trixie, and I gave you a second chance; yet you remain disrespectful and now must be punished.

You will be in here for a week. Have fun.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:17 am

Perhaps she can work on masking the stench emanating from her smelly drain hole.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:20 am

mannequin wrote:
Perhaps she can work on masking the stench emanating from her smelly drain hole.

It's a shame, because I thought she had potential.

Maybe she will reform, maybe not. I don't place high hopes on it, but we shall see.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:28 am

mannequin wrote:

Anyone who prioritizes human values (cleanliness, stench, passing values) is no friend of mine. I am no respecter of persons nor do I judge a man by how much he conforms to rules of apes. Or rather, I judge him by how much he does not conform. And if he does so, he does so of own volition.

Erik, you are a tyrant, a censorer, and a fool, and I have zero respect for you, none.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:52 am

Trixie,

I have a forum, a forum I'd like to keep serious.

In order to maintain order, one must be austere.

I gave you a second chance and a warning, but your bravado was too much for you to handle.

You must be punished and learn your lesson.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Erik wrote:
mannequin wrote:

It's a shame, because I thought she had potential.

Maybe she will reform, maybe not. I don't place high hopes on it, but we shall see.

Indeed, she could of really been somebody and did something with her life, but I guess not, she decided to let herself go and become the overweight scum bag she is today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 6:23 pm

Erik wrote:
Trixie,

I have a forum, a forum I'd like to keep serious.

In order to maintain order, one must be austere.

I gave you a second chance and a warning, but your bravado was too much for you to handle.

You must be punished and learn your lesson.

This forum was never serious it was made as a joke. Further more all you do is flood repetitive comments on that barbaric book of yours. If this is a religious forum to worship barbaric books and censor anyone who doesnt follow your books you should have been more clear. I could have went to a Jew forum in that case to hear about the Bible.

"let herself go and become the overweight scum bag she is today."
I am not fat I am anorexic, idiot.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 8:29 pm

You are spunky, I'll give you that, Trix.

I post excerpts from that book, in order to showcase its content. If you think that's repetitive, or whatever, I don't care. What I do care about is you making silly posts, where there aren't supposed to be any, and then your blatant disrespect to my authority.

You must become domesticated; you are like a wild street cat.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Erik wrote:

You must become domesticated; you are like a wild street cat.

More like raped then shot, then raped again..then feed her a piece chicken through a ouija board.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation. My topic about it   Reincarnation. My topic about it I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation. My topic about it
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Academia :: άδης-
Jump to: