Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proactive thinking and Creativity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

Proactive thinking and Creativity  Empty
PostSubject: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 8:28 am

I spend most of my time reading and learning from other people ( absorption ). There is nothing wrong with that, of course; but I'm going to set out some more time, in order to engage in proactive thinking and creativity ( production ). I'm going to choose some topics to profoundly contemplate upon. I will harness all of my intellectual energy into analyzing certain things and creating new ideas.

I recommend that you guys do that same, if you aren't already. This is a good way to, really, maximize your intellectual potential.
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
BardoXV

PostSubject: Re: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:08 am

Erik wrote:
I spend most of my time reading and learning from other people ( absorption ). There is nothing wrong with that, of course; but I'm going to set out some more time, in order to engage in proactive thinking and creativity ( production ). I'm going to choose some topics to profoundly contemplate upon. I will harness all of my intellectual energy into analyzing certain things and creating new ideas.

I recommend that you guys do that same, if you aren't already. This is a good way to, really, maximize your intellectual potential.

I've been engaged on internet forums since Sept. 2006, and while many older people claim that computers and other electronic media are taking people away from contact with other people, I say it is making us more connected than ever before. One example I use is that in a face to face conversation I can interact with the people I can see and are close enough for me to hear. Electronically I can interact with people anywhere in the world, and someday perhaps off world. When I'm on the net, I'm reading other people's thoughts and ideas, real or not. I really don't see much difference between that and reading a book, except that a book can get old rather quickly, but on a forum new ideas can constantly be posted.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:15 am

Bardo wrote:
I've been engaged on internet forums since Sept. 2006, and while many older people claim that computers and other electronic media are taking people away from contact with other people, I say it is making us more connected than ever before. One example I use is that in a face to face conversation I can interact with the people I can see and are close enough for me to hear. Electronically I can interact with people anywhere in the world, and someday perhaps off world. When I'm on the net, I'm reading other people's thoughts and ideas, real or not. I really don't see much difference between that and reading a book, except that a book can get old rather quickly, but on a forum new ideas can constantly be posted.

I agree with you that it does and can make people more connected socially. We can instantly communicate with people from around the world, at the click of a button. Facebook, Skype, instant messenger, these forums, etc make communication very easy and widespread. So, yes - modern technology certainly can bring people closer together, but that being said, it is through an artificial medium....it's, obviously, not the same thing as communicating face-to-face in the flesh. Establishing emotional connections is limited through technology.
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
BardoXV

PostSubject: Re: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 9:38 am

Erik wrote:

I agree with you that it does and can make people more connected socially. We can instantly communicate with people from around the world, at the click of a button. Facebook, Skype, instant messenger, these forums, etc make communication very easy and widespread. So, yes - modern technology certainly can bring people closer together, but that being said, it is through an artificial medium....it's, obviously, not the same thing as communicating face-to-face in the flesh. Establishing emotional connections is limited through technology.

The only part of this I would disagree with is the contention that being "artificial" it somehow isn't "real". There is assumed to be another real person on the other end, so the communication and interaction is just as real as a face to face interaction. and I agree that body language and facial expression is lost, but that just forces the person to put all that into the words on the page. (I try to do that by typing harder, doesn't that come through?) Seriously, being more careful with your word choice isn't a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 12:57 pm

The communication is real, but he is talking about the lack of human presence. This has been going on for ages anyway, when you have somebody represent you, or telephones, letters etc ..and then there's emoticons that compensate for the lack of facial expressions..it's not just communication world wide, it's locally as well, AND it's not just casual conversation, the internet medium replaces friendships and relationships, even sexual interaction.. I guess people are getting slightly worried now.

I personally enjoy interacting face to face and try to do it as much as possible, and i would choose that form of interaction over the internet any day..In fact, I have even thought about walking away from the internet completely! ..and cultivating new friendships and relationships in "real" life, but i know you would all miss me so much and develop a potentially fatal level of separation anxiety. So, of course, I'm only here to maintain your mental health until you're ready to be a productive member of society...which is probably never..so i'm forever damned!
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

PostSubject: Re: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 2:41 pm

mannequin wrote:

I personally enjoy interacting face to face and try to do it as much as possible, and i would choose that form of interaction over the internet any day..In fact, I have even thought about walking away from the internet completely! ..and cultivating new friendships and relationships in "real" life, but i know you would all miss me so much and develop a potentially fatal level of separation anxiety. So, of course, I'm only here to maintain your mental health until you're ready to be a productive member of society...which is probably never..so i'm forever damned!

Oh, Thank You, soooo much. And give me just one more hit of that , Please!
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 4:18 pm

I will, but only in small doses for now, don't want you to become addicted, it's not good for your well being.
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

PostSubject: Re: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2015 4:35 pm

mannequin wrote:
I will, but only in small doses for now, don't want you to become addicted, it's not good for your well being.

Too late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proactive thinking and Creativity    Proactive thinking and Creativity  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proactive thinking and Creativity
Page 1 of 1