Mind and Body
 
HomeUsergroupsRegisterFAQLog in

Share | 
 

 Is life a classroom or a courtroom?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mannequin
Διονύσιος


Male Posts : 250
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 30
Location : The Cold Wind

PostSubject: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Or both?

Well?
Back to top Go down
BardoXV



Posts : 88
Join date : 2015-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Yes! But it's your attitude that makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος


Male Posts : 250
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 30
Location : The Cold Wind

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:02 pm

BardoXV wrote:
Yes!   But it's your attitude that makes all the difference.  

Can't I just wear a suit?
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής


Male Posts : 111
Join date : 2015-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:12 pm

mannequin wrote:
Or both?

Well?

Well, let's put this in a perspective. In a classroom, people generally sleep and are indifferent to learning anything. Drawing, drooling, passing gossip notes, et all. A courtroom is basically the oppressive pound intended to crush us; guilty before you're innocent and you're hit in the head with a gavel by a judge. So yeah - this world pretty much is both a classroom and a courtroom.

_________________
The Seven Principles of Hermeticism (from the Kybalion):

1. All is Mind
2. As Above, So Below
3. Everything vibrates
4. Everything is in polarity
5. All things are in motion
6. For every cause, there is an effect
7. All is gender (Male & Female)


Last edited by WanderingLands on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος


Male Posts : 250
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 30
Location : The Cold Wind

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:27 pm

WanderingLands wrote:
mannequin wrote:
Or both?

Well?

Well, let's put this in a perspective. In a classroom, people generally sleep and are indifferent to learning anything. Drawing, drooling, passing gossip notes, et all. A courtroom is basically the pound for humans; guilty before you're innocent and you're hit in the head with a gavel by a judge. So yeah - this world pretty much is both a classroom and a courtroom. tongue

Right, but when should I wear a suit?

If i wear a suit in the classroom aspect of life, will they not expect more from me at that point and hold me to high standards?

If I wear a suit in the courtroom aspect of life, will my suit potentially lose value, especially if I'm guilty?

If I don't wear a suit to the classroom aspect of life, will that tarnish the first impression I make? therefore my teachers wont take my position serious, especially if everybody else doesn't wear a suit, then I'm just like them.. but what if they all are wearing a suit and I'm the only one who isn't, would that make it even worse at point?

If I don't wear a suit in the courtroom aspect of life, what does that say about me? especially if everybody else is, am I more guilty at that point?

If I then go onto the classroom aspect of life AFTER the courtroom aspect, now choosing to wear a suit in class but couldn't be bothered to wear one in court..will my choices to wear a suit be taken serious and still hold a high value?

Which is more important, the classroom or the courtroom?
Back to top Go down
BardoXV



Posts : 88
Join date : 2015-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:28 pm

mannequin wrote:
BardoXV wrote:
Yes!   But it's your attitude that makes all the difference.  

Can't I just wear a suit?

Yes, Wear a suit, in fact wear a Tux and make everyone feel inferior. They'll be thinking "Oh S**t was this a white tie affair, I feel so under dressed." Maybe they'll put you in charge and then you'll be home free. Happened to me once.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής


Male Posts : 111
Join date : 2015-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:09 am

mannequin wrote:

Right, but when should I wear a suit?

If i wear a suit in the classroom aspect of life, will they not expect more from me at that point and hold me to high standards?

If I wear a suit in the courtroom aspect of life, will my suit potentially lose value, especially if I'm guilty?

If I don't wear a suit to the classroom aspect of life, will that tarnish the first impression I make? therefore my teachers wont take my position serious, especially if everybody else doesn't wear a suit, then I'm just like them.. but what if they all are wearing a suit and I'm the only one who isn't, would that make it even worse at point?

If I don't wear a suit in the courtroom aspect of life, what does that say about me? especially if everybody else is, am I more guilty at that point?

If I then go onto the classroom aspect of life AFTER the courtroom aspect, now choosing to wear a suit in class but couldn't be bothered to wear one in court..will my choices to wear a suit be taken serious and still hold a high value?

Which is more important, the classroom or the courtroom?

A suit would be for recommended for the courtroom. For classroom, you can be more casual, but not to the point that it gives teachers a bad impression.

_________________
The Seven Principles of Hermeticism (from the Kybalion):

1. All is Mind
2. As Above, So Below
3. Everything vibrates
4. Everything is in polarity
5. All things are in motion
6. For every cause, there is an effect
7. All is gender (Male & Female)
Back to top Go down
Erik

avatar

Male Posts : 376
Join date : 2015-01-18
Location : Judah

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Life is a mixture of both, really.

You are constantly being judged by others, as well as learning.

The trick is -- for me anyways -- not to give a fuck about what others think of me, how they may judge me. This world is chock-full of people, who will judge you harshly, esp. over trivial nonsense, like the brand of shoes you are wearing. I have nothing against judging and discriminating, but it's pathetic when people judge you over such superficial and banal things.

Some people are so, so preoccupied with how others judge them; these types are, usually, the conformist par excellence.

_________________
As above, so below.
Back to top Go down
http://mindandbody.forumotion.com
A Shieldmaiden



Posts : 4
Join date : 2015-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:40 am

Courtroom literally, some of us have experienced court cases and it is certainly not a game.  It is an arena occupied by forces to be reckoned with, scattered with litanies of complaints and failures accompanied by costly sterling advice.  One can easily overlook the gut feeling you have initially, in every day life, a sixth sense, which simply tells you "something is wrong".  The important aspect of all of this.  You may well know something is wrong here, but if you disregard this and believe anything a person says, be it in a classroom or a courtroom, you are leaving yourself open to theft.  Theft of your mind and/or your body.  The Courtroom of life keeps you 'en garde' and the classroom satisfies your hunger.  In everyday life why not seek a balance. It is a sad fate to die well known to everybody else and a stranger to yourself.  If we have only the courtroom, we become bloated with cynicism and if we linger too long in the classroom, we become compromising and indifferent, relying on books written by others, whose lives have traversed on different paths from our intended own.

'you can have it all, but, not all at the same time".
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
avatar

Female Posts : 161
Join date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:25 am

mannequin wrote:
Or both?

Well?

Yes, as has been said, it IS both.

At times we are the students, who can be quite eager to learn but also quite stubborn about learning and at times we are the teachers, both self-taught and otherwise, who forget what it was like to be the students and who forget what it is like to not have known.

At times we are all the plaintiffs and defendants, at times both innocent and guilty, the lawyers, the juries, the judges, the bailiffs, the court reporters,

We wear a great many hats during our sojourns on this planet.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
avatar

Female Posts : 161
Join date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:37 am

mannequin,

Quote :
Which is more important, the classroom or the courtroom?

That almost just reminded me of "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I would say that the classroom is more important as that usually does come first, but not because it necessarily comes first but because, aside from the values taught at home (hopefully), what is learned in the classroom which becomes an ad continnuum of sorts may help keep the party out of the courtroom at some stage -- unless what is learned makes the student hungry for a career as a lawyer. That's not to say that some lawyers don't eventually find their selves in prison along with those they have represented. lol

It's not written in stone but an education may give one some hope for the future, shed some light on one's life and what they want to do with that life for instant not squander it or spend it for that which will ultimately land them in prison or at the very least in a court of law.

Aside from that, IF we have ultimately come to learn from the classroom experience AND the courtroom experience, they just might be of equal importance. It just depends on what we've come away with in value and the learning experience.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος


Male Posts : 250
Join date : 2015-02-15
Age : 30
Location : The Cold Wind

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Nice responses.

If you stay in the classroom for too long will you eventually end up in the courtroom?
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
avatar

Female Posts : 161
Join date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:39 pm

BardoXV wrote:
mannequin wrote:
BardoXV wrote:
Yes!   But it's your attitude that makes all the difference.  

Can't I just wear a suit?

Yes, Wear a suit, in fact wear a Tux and make everyone feel inferior.   They'll be thinking "Oh S**t was this a white tie affair, I feel so under dressed."   Maybe they'll put you in charge and then you'll be home free.   Happened to me once.  
Under those set of circumstances, they may decide to lynch you. lol
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
avatar

Female Posts : 161
Join date : 2015-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:44 pm

mannequin wrote:
Nice responses.

If you stay in the classroom for too long will you eventually end up in the courtroom?
Not necessarily. That might depend on what kept you in the classroom in the first place.
You can't really judge one against the other without a lot more information.

Of course, if that classroom is also part of college and law school, you might just end up in the courtroom. You didn't say under what conditions.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is life a classroom or a courtroom?   

Back to top Go down
 
Is life a classroom or a courtroom?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Has Your Life Gone by Fast?
» Second Life Phantom Of The Opera (Back in business!)
» The Wilder Life - A new book
» "A Dog's Life"
» The Way I See It: A Look Back at My Life on Little House

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Academia :: φιλοσοφία-
Jump to: