Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A.O.E. Forum Quotes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

A.O.E. Forum Quotes Empty
PostSubject: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 6:00 am

In this thread you must only post quotes from other users on this forum, this will allow the intelligence of this forum to be conveyed regarding anything.

This will promote thought and will encourage people to hunt around the forum, even through older topics, to find quotes, also potentially sparking a response and putting life back into that particular thread..

It will also promote the use of proper language.

Rules:

There are no rules, you animals are now free..

You may expand upon the quote that you chose to submit, not in the response sense because you would do that where you found the quote, but rather why you have chosen that particular quote.

Last edited by mannequin on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 6:00 am

Erik In The Extremity Of Sweden Feminism thread wrote:
This is why modern day feminism is a farce; they spend all their time and energy on trivialities and ridiculous nonsense, because they have nothing left to ' fight' for.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 6:05 am

Arcturus Descending in On Pondering Sweet November wrote:
I am a human being and I am a woman
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 9:54 am

Trixie in Rants wrote:
What do you think I'm some kinda shmuck that like's fancy cars? No, I'm just as creative as you are, if not more so. Creativity and intellectualism are also in the spirit of hedonistic pursuits.

Mannequin in Rants wrote:
I find it funny and sad that men are not shocked by the fact that you have to sign a fucking contract when you get married!

I chose this quote for the comedic value and because it corresponds to a similar thought of mine. I try to warn other guys about how marriage is a sham, how like 60-70 percent of marriages fail; but they don't seem to care. I get responses, like: " Well, if you find the right one, then you won't have to worry ". Haha! That's what they all say and think, but 5 years down the road....well, you know.

Child support and alimony time! Yay! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 2:05 pm

Erik in Life Lesson wrote:
Humans are not ' nice ' and the world is no heavenly nirvana; people and the world are cruel and brutal. It's always been that way and always shall.

Indeed, the world is no Disney Land. A few years ago I was dating this girl who was "broken hearted" from being cheated on by her boyfriend during an eight year relationship, she looked emotionally stressed and fatigued, and fairly ill.

She once said to me "when you get older you realize that everything Disney told you ended up being wrong". Such entertainment conditions boys and girls into being weak and vulnerable, and then suffer a life time of confusion and misery..

I do wonder if Disney realized this and how bad it is for the overall health of the person, namely the little girl in this case, thus hindering contribution performance to society. So then the production company make heavy use of the "Let it go" sound track in the Frozen movie, attempting to reverse the damaging conditioning that has been taking place for years, it also works in line with the strong independent woman and strengthens that direction.
Back to top Go down
Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon

Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon

Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 3:18 pm

HexHammer wrote:
The average philosopher isn't exactly very bright, hasn't a high paid job, doesn't comprehend the concept of relevance.
Dwell in outdated philosophers, can't say a single intelligent thing, only times when that happens is when parroting others.
(taken from pnow boards.)
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Trixie in Might as well say it wrote:
one must clear the mind of senseless chatter
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Female Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:33 pm

mannequin wrote:
Arcturus Descending in On Pondering Sweet November wrote:
I am a human being and I am a woman
cheers
I appreciate your having done that. I was wondering where I had posted that when you had made it your signature.
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Quote :
="mannequin"]

I bought some hashish recently, so i will smoke it after the bath..because according to a friend that's what Arnold would do..smoke weed after work out Wink

Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:43 pm

*laughs*
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 12:53 pm

mannequin wrote:
*laughs*

!Bump!
Suspect
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 1:21 pm

quote="mannequin"]The male lives a life of frustration because he can't dominant the female absolutely, but can only manage to dominant an aspect of her for a certain amount of time, until she returns back to nature. He eventually changes himself to deal with this frustration, whether it be in terms of understanding and acceptance or undergoing a sex change and becoming her.[/quote]
lol!
Harmonize

A.O.E. Forum Quotes Back_t11
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 2:43 pm

Quote :
Erik

I still meditate every once in awhile. The initial part is difficult, due to ' monkey-mind', but after that, it's smooth-sailing.
Laughing
Ah, I just loved that.

A.O.E. Forum Quotes Erik10

But you're such a cute little monkey, Erik.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_monkey
Just learned something new here.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 pm

bardoXV in Martial Arts wrote:
Let me pass on one more tidbit that I have learned about Zen. Many years ago I read that all are enlightened, but just don't know it, so I decided that since I was already enlightened, I would skip all the hard work and just play with my grandchildren.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 1:30 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:
If I need luxury, I go walk under the stars at night
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:05 pm

Erik wrote:
Well, would it not entail a transfer of consciousness, thus a refutation of materialistic conceptions of mind? I.e., that awareness is not a mere product of neuronal activity.

What are your thoughts on the nature of consciousness?

For a start, it evolves. It ebbs and it flows.
What now, sweetie?
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 4:11 pm

Arcturus Descending wrote:
Erik wrote:
Well, would it not entail a transfer of consciousness, thus a refutation of materialistic conceptions of mind? I.e., that awareness is not a mere product of neuronal activity.

What are your thoughts on the nature of consciousness?

For a start, it evolves. It ebbs and it flows.
What now, sweetie?

I love when you call me that; so endearing, like a verbal caress...

Tell me more about your thoughts on consciousness, Arc. How were your meditation experiences? Any profound insights? Monkey-mind? Do tell.
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A.O.E. Forum Quotes   A.O.E. Forum Quotes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A.O.E. Forum Quotes
Page 1 of 1