Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Serious Mass

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 12:08 pm

I decided to buy this..

Serious Mass by Optimum Nutrition.

Serious Mass Image_25921_original_X_450_white

I have never really bothered with anything like this, and have generally always been anti supplements of any kind, don't even take protein shakes ..but I decided to switch things up a little bit..and monitor the results..

This product seemed to have loads of good reviews..

It has 1640 calories when mixed with milk per serving]

I'll see if I have made any progress over one months of use..

I will report back.

This should be fun.

Last edited by mannequin on Sun May 31, 2015 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 12:36 pm

I just consumed my first serving.

I feel super energised, kind of restless now, which means I should probably workout. I worked out yesterday, the day before that and the day before that. I've recovered fairly well, but i'm slightly achy and can't sit still...fairly on edge...

OK, fuck it, i'm going to work out..

I bought some hashish recently, so i will smoke it after the bath..because according to a friend that's what Arnold would do..smoke weed after work out Wink

Be back soon.
*waves*
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Looks like a quality protein powder. I never really purchased any high tech powders; the generic ones from the grocery store worked fine for me. Of course, I have good bodybuilding genetics ( father and grandfather, on mother's side, were bodybuilders ), so that could also be a factor. But honestly, I've noticed that the powders made me more fat, than anything. I mean, yeah, I did gain muscle, but fat came along with it. I didn't have that lean, wolverine look; more of a strongman look. So, when I begin working out again, I'm not going to bother with protein powders.

Do you take the shake post-workout?
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:45 am

Erik wrote:
Do you take the shake post-workout?

Yes.

I've read that some people often take it pre and post, but that might be a little over the top...I'm going to stick to post and see what happens, after awhile I might start taking it more than once a day, even if I had no work out on that day
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:50 am

Mannequin wrote:
Yes.

I've read that some people often take it pre and post, but that might be a little over the top...I'm going to stick to post and see what happens, after awhile I might start taking it more than once a day, even if I had no work out on that day

That's what I used to do, too. I never understood, really, why some people took it pre-workout, as if it were an energy booster, or something. Once a day is sufficient, or else you will just get fat.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 10:03 pm

I didn't work out today, but I still decided to take the shake anyways, for those extra calories..
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 7:42 am

mannequin wrote:
I didn't work out today, but I still decided to take the shake anyways, for those extra calories..

If I'm not mistaken, you did say you were interested in a 'strongman' physique, no? If so, then don't be shy about consuming extra calories.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 6:00 pm

Erik wrote:
mannequin wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, you did say you were interested in a 'strongman' physique, no? If so, then don't be shy about consuming extra calories.

Yes, that's correct.

I can't accord to look skinny, or have the ripped look as I live in a very testing environment. The 'strong man' image is necessary, although less healthier than having low body fat.

One day, later on into old age, where the visibility of my age reduces any competitive desires stemming from others, I plan on reducing body weight incredibly low. For the most part, I will consume a liquid diet, most likely juice fasting (fruits & vegetables) and focus entirely on purifying body and mind, until death. This is also to extend life and ward off any potential age related illness.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 3:50 pm

I can already feel the weight gain from this shake! Fairly impressive
Back to top Go down
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker
Arcturus Descending

Female Posts : 161

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 10:13 am

mannequin

Quote :
I just consumed my first serving.
Did you read the label thoroughly to make sure there is nothing detrimental to your physical or mental health - and then check out what each ingredient is or means?

Quote :
I feel super energised, kind of restless now, which means I should probably workout.
Is there some kind or amphetamine in it ~~ you mentioned that you were restless.

Quote :
I worked out yesterday, the day before that and the day before that. I've recovered fairly well, but i'm slightly achy  and can't sit still...fairly on edge...

OK, fuck it, i'm going to work out..

Why is it that you think you can't sit still? Why don't you just take a nice long walk like I do sometimes ~~ that's still in a sense working out - and it's good for the mind too.

Quote :
I bought some hashish recently, so i will smoke it after the bath..because according to a friend that's what Arnold would do..smoke weed after work out Wink
Gee...that's what Arnold would do. So what!
Who is he - God almighty?! Do you worship him?
Are you from a country where hashish is legal - probably not - maybe not.

Quote :
Be back soon.

Why is it that people have to take the easy way out to enjoy life, relax by taking drugs?
There are other ways you know.

Mad
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 8:56 pm

^^^ lols
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 9:13 pm

mannequin wrote:
^^^ lols

She's adorable, right?
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 9:21 pm

mannequin wrote:
Erik wrote:
mannequin wrote:
^^^ lols

She's adorable, right?

Somewhat annoying, I might have to kindly ask you to pass me her I.P address soon..

* Laughs maniacally *
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Serious Mass Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious Mass   Serious Mass I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious Mass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Academia :: αθλητισμός-
Jump to: