Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rants

Go down 
+2
AvantGarde
Erik
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:08 pm

Re-posted over here, from ILP, for the lolz:

For the sake of not receiving another warning ( the gods know I don't need anymore racked on me..), I will avoid the use of the proverbial epithet that begins with the letter ' N ', and instead use a softer term: " Wiggerization ". What is a " wigger " ? A wigger is a Caucasian, who thinks, acts, dresses, etc like a....well...you know ( That word that begins with an *N*). With the advent of the rapper 'Eminem', Western culture has been a hothouse for these wiggers. The typical W. sags his pants ridiculously low, mumbles his speech, talks obnoxiously loud and exaggerates his gesticulations to compliment his overall ridiculous appearance. The typical W. thinks that he is tough as nails, that he is ultra-masculine. But actually he is rather feminine; he possess no originality or individuality --- his entire persona is the result of the trenchant influence of alterity, of the current ethos. " Monkey see - monkey do ". Whatever is perceived as being the most popular, the masses will conform to it, so they can fit in.

In this culture, the ideal W. is stupid. The more articulate you are, the more " White " you sound and, therefore less cool. Bastardizing the English language with ebonics -- primal guttural noises -- stupid drooling facial expressions -- clothes that are too big -- and music that sounds like something concocted by feral chimps banging pots and pans together in a kitchen are what's considered to be fashionable these days.

Rants Texas%20wigger

^^^ See this retard above? This is Jimmy.
Jimmy wrote:
Yo Yo, my nukka! Whatz poppin, nukka? Yo, My nukka, lizen up, yo...That thot Shanequa is a bad bitch, yo....she be like Einstein, Nukka....given me some legit brain, yo....Thots be thots, nukka.....yo check out this white-boy over hurrrr...thinkz he all intellectual and shit with his normal sized clothes N shit....bro, needs to grow up in Christ and eat some meat yo...Church! Nukka..CHURCH!!!......we be ballen, shot callen....skeet skeet skeet.....yah BOY!!!

Remember kids, the more stupid you are, the more cool you will become! Don't touch that goddamn apple! Bask in that circle of heavenly ignorance.....yes....very good, very good.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Male Posts : 111

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 12:34 pm

MTV and Common Core has sure taught those kids real well...
Back to top Go down
Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon

Female Posts : 107

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:08 am

These scrubs seem to miss the point of what MnM represents which is not conforming and just speaking what's on your mind. Instead they just blindly mimick MnM's mannerisms without adding anything new to the pot.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:32 am

Trixie Celūcilūnaletumoon wrote:
These scrubs seem to miss the point of what MnM represents which is not conforming and just speaking what's on your mind. Instead they just blindly mimick MnM's mannerisms without adding anything new to the pot.

I'm sure that he may have some inspirational messages. But still, don't you think that it may be overshadowed by the way he's marketed in the music industry - a tentacle of the mass media that promotes nihilism and hedonism to the masses?
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:33 am

WanderingLands wrote:

I'm sure that he may have some inspirational messages. But still, don't you think that it may be overshadowed by the way he's marketed in the music industry - a tentacle of the mass media that promotes nihilism and hedonism to the masses?

I never said he was the second coming.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:34 am

WanderingLands wrote:

I didn't bring that term up.
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:36 am

WanderingLands wrote:
WanderingLands wrote:

I didn't bring that term up.

It's a figure of speech.

Nihilism is a good thing, only humans go about it in an idiotic fashion. They should help their fellow man, so that we can gain the ultimate power - the power to destroy The All...Thus saving ourselves from this eternal existence.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:38 am

It's a figure of speech.

Nihilism is a good thing, only humans go about it in an idiotic fashion. They should help their fellow man, so that we can gain the ultimate power - the power to destroy The All...Thus saving ourselves from this eternal existence.

As I have stated before in another forum, it is naive to want to destroy existence and enter into 'nothingness', as if that's really possible anyway.
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:16 am

WanderingLands wrote:

It's a figure of speech.

As I have stated before in another forum, it is naive to want to destroy existence and enter into 'nothingness', as if that's really possible anyway.

What else is there to do? Destroying existence, the all, and all timelines, dimensions, alternate universes, consciousness etc. seems impossible, but alls we can do is try our best.

I'm not going to sit here and let existence have it's way. To do otherwise would be naive. What is true naive? The almighty God who worships itself and it's own existence. But why does it do this? It won't be able to answer.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:18 am

What else is there to do?

Embrace it - experience and learn from it. There are tons of things that could be done, and that could be explored in this world. Don't let the negativity weigh you down; instead, learn to overcome it.
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:19 am

WanderingLands wrote:

What else is there to do?

Embrace it - experience and learn from it. There are tons of things that could be done, and that could be explored in this world. Don't let the negativity weigh you down; instead, learn to overcome it.

Positivity is negativity, neutrality is negativity. Seems like a defeatist attitude.
Answer me this, do you want to live forever?
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 am

Positivity is negativity, neutrality is negativity. Seems like a defeatist attitude.
Answer me this, do you want to live forever?

I try to live life as best as I can, knowing that I could never really be eternal. This thread has gone too far off in this tangent. If you want to discuss this with me, perhaps another thread, or even the PhilosophyNow forums?
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 11:26 am

If the answer is no, which I suspect, then you should devote your life to ending your own existence -permanently. And if you are feeling selfless, then you should devote yourself to sharing that knowledge - the knowledge of how to end it - permanently.

Because if you don't end it "permanently" time will travel at an infinite rate, and it will be as if you didn't end it at all.

When you die, one of two things will happen.
Option 1. You will magically have the non-existence you crave

Option 2. You will reincarnate with a loss of most of your learned knowledge on the matter.

Of course "you" will not experience Option1, the English language is poorly suited to matters such as these.

My last post in this thread on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 8:20 pm

If the answer is no, which I suspect, then you should devote your life to ending your own existence -permanently. And if you are feeling selfless, then you should devote yourself to sharing that knowledge - the knowledge of how to end it - permanently.

Because if you don't end it "permanently" time will travel at an infinite rate, and it will be as if you didn't end it at all.

Option 2. You will reincarnate with a loss of most of your learned knowledge on the matter.

Of course "you" will not experience Option1, the English language is poorly suited to matters such as these.

I wouldn't mind living forever; there is never an end to learning. Most people get sick of life, because their lives are centered around base animality. Once they acquire it ( their hedonistic goal(s)) and become full, they start to slip into existential despair and sometimes commit suicide. Many celebrities have been through this.

The hedonistic life is limited and shallow. A life centered around intellectualism and creativity is much more rewarding and profound.

I feel so much more levity living an academic/scholarly life. I don't feel any need to acquire fast cars, expensive houses, etc, etc. All I need is solitude and access to the internet/books ( information ) Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 12:05 am

I find it funny and sad that men are not shocked by the fact that you have to sign a fucking contract when you get married!
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:37 am

Erik wrote:

I wouldn't mind living forever; there is never an end to learning. Most people get sick of life, because their lives are centered around base animality. Once they acquire it ( their hedonistic goal(s)) and become full, they start to slip into existential despair and sometimes commit suicide. Many celebrities have been through this.

The hedonistic life is limited and shallow. A life centered around intellectualism and creativity is much more rewarding and profound.

I feel so much more levity living an academic/scholarly life. I don't feel any need to acquire fast cars, expensive houses, etc, etc. All I need is solitude and access to the internet/books ( information ) Very Happy.

What do you think I'm some kinda shmuck that like's fancy cars? No, I'm just as creative as you are, if not more so. Creativity and intellectualism are also in the spirit of hedonistic pursuits.

Watch Star Trek Voyager season 2 episode 18 maybe you'll understand.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:24 am

Trixie wrote:
What do you think I'm some kinda shmuck that like's fancy cars? No, I'm just as creative as you are, if not more so. Creativity and intellectualism are also in the spirit of hedonistic pursuits.

Watch Star Trek Voyager season 2 episode 18 maybe you'll understand.

Haha! " Shmuck " - last time I heard that word, it was when I was in NYC and some taxi-cab driver yelled it out to me, even though he was the one who almost hit me!

Quote :
Creativity and intellectualism are also in the spirit of hedonistic pursuits.

I suppose, if one's primary aim is to bask in the side effects of those pursuits ( the euphoria - sense of existential contentment ). But my main reason is more Nietzschean, than Epicurean.

Power
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 11:07 am

And what do you plan to do with it? Horde it like a squirrel?
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:18 am

And what do you plan to do with it? Horde it like a squirrel?

Ha! Actually, I plan on liberally giving out samples of power to everyone in equal measure, like a good egalitarian ought to do Very Happy

Not really...
Back to top Go down
BardoXV

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 10:02 am

Erik wrote:

Ha! Actually, I plan on liberally giving out samples of power to everyone in equal measure, like a good egalitarian ought to do Very Happy

Not really...

Technically interesting but not much fun. Many years ago I was on a forum where the owners seemed to be doing just that, people were randomly promoted to moderator and administrator, and it seemed just to see what would happen. When I was moderator I would edit from posts the worst and most offensive language, and no-one complained, or seemed to notice. Later I was bumped up to admin, called another admin who was doing some unnecessary chest pounding, and got my account totally deleted. I thought being an admin, I would be safe from that, apparently not. The owners didn't moderate much at all, and the members moderation varied quite a bit.
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 12:27 pm

BardoXV wrote:
Erik wrote:

Not really...

Technically interesting but not much fun.   Many years ago I was on a forum where the owners seemed to be doing just that, people were randomly promoted to moderator and administrator, and it seemed just to see what would happen.   When I was moderator I would edit from posts the worst and most offensive language, and no-one complained, or seemed to notice.   Later I was bumped up to admin, called another admin who was doing some unnecessary chest pounding, and got my account totally deleted.   I thought being an admin, I would be safe from that, apparently not.  The owners didn't moderate much at all, and the members moderation varied quite a bit.  

Yep, and with this forum having a grand total of eight or so members, I don't see how anyone could really have the power to subjugate others. Perhaps he means some other kind of power that doesn't involve subjugation, but personal power or energy.

Power aside, Eric did you see the episode I mentioned? I have something else for you to see as well. docs.google.com/document/d/1E9igOdoRghRtsWAeGMDcG8mbbBk5LGyspGaANprut1o
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 1:29 pm

Pixie wrote:
Perhaps he means some other kind of power that doesn't involve subjugation, but personal power or energy.

Power aside, Eric did you see the episode I mentioned? I have something else for you to see as well. docs.googleDOTCOM/document/d/1E9igOdoRghRtsWAeGMDcG8mbbBk5LGyspGaANprut1o

Yes, I was referring more so to personal power, as opposed to, say, political power.

I haven't seen that episode; I've only seen StarTrek a few times, many years ago. I do recall seeing a video clip from StarTrek, via Youtube, about the primordial dialectic of order and chaos, which was interesting.

Did you write that essay?
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:50 pm

Erik wrote:
Pixie wrote:
Perhaps he means some other kind of power that doesn't involve subjugation, but personal power or energy.

Power aside, Eric did you see the episode I mentioned? I have something else for you to see as well. docs.googleDOTCOM/document/d/1E9igOdoRghRtsWAeGMDcG8mbbBk5LGyspGaANprut1o

Yes, I was referring more so to personal power, as opposed to, say, political power.

I haven't seen that episode; I've only seen StarTrek a few times, many years ago. I do recall seeing a video clip from StarTrek, via Youtube, about the primordial dialectic of order and chaos, which was interesting.

Did you write that essay?

Yes and in order to watch the video it is on Youtube in a 4 parter. It will be a video with a smaller size video inside the video.
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 2:59 pm

Do you have the link for the videos on YT?

And are you an anti-natalist?
Back to top Go down

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:37 pm

Erik wrote:
Do you have the link for the videos on YT?

And are you an anti-natalist?

I don't see how producing more humans is a good thing. Humans are a problem, the world is a problem. If humans had radically altered DNA and some good sense I could see maybe allowing more humans into it, in a controlled and sane manner.

Won't let me post links...
/watch?v=tkdmbPelqwk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rants Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rants   Rants I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rants
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Academia :: άδης-
Jump to: