Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine Empty
PostSubject: Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine   Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 12:07 pm

So I'm thinking about building a home made tricep machine. Which would be readily available at my disposal and free of charge.

Here's a little basic sketch I did to get me started..

Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine 14219723167467

The first part is bird's eye view and the second part is a side shot..

In the middle there will be a block of wood drilled into my wall with two metal steel brackets on each side not touching the block of wood, probably around 6 - 8 inches apart.

I will the drill a pulley plate wheel in the centre of the block of wood. Then I will lay another block of wood (longer slightly thinner) down on top of the right and left bracket, and drill it into place.

I will also lay another block of wood going across the two brackets and tightly up against the wall. That piece of wood will be drilled into the previous two pieces of wood on the brackets, it will also be drilled on top of the block of wood in the middle and drilled into the wall, all for support.

Another piece of wood will be drilled into the "wood brackets" going across at the front. Another wheel will be added on top of that in the centre aligning with the other wheel drilled into the block of wood attached to the wall. Another wheel will be added to the same place but underneath. and finally, another wheel would be added to the front sticking out, as you can see. The reasons why I added so many wheel was too distribute the pressure throughout the machine, giving it some kind of balance rather than one area taking too much strain.

I will also add another bracket underneath the block of wood attached to the wall for extra support. The brackets are fairly long and solid, so the previous two pieces of wood lay on top of them nicely.

Then I will add some kind of rope, bungee?..Attaching that too a plastic container filled up with bricks, that I can add and remove at any given time..

Well, that's my idea so far, whether this will actually realize is yet to be seen Smile
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine   Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 12:19 pm

That's a cool idea you have there, mannequin.

My brother and I used to construct things like this, back in the day.
It's fun to sketch out blueprints for wild ideas, kind of like what Leonardo da Vinci did.

If you go through with it, make sure to upload pics.
Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine   Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:57 am

I'm going to get the supplies for this soon, probably will be building it this week, hopefully, maybe next week. I'm going to see if I can improve the design.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine   Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home Made Ghetto Tricep Machine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Academia :: αθλητισμός-
Jump to: