Academia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mind and Body

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Educational Videos

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Erik

Erik

Male Posts : 376

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 5:53 pm

Documentaries, video-clips, etc.

----------------

Back to top Go down
https://mindandbody.forumotion.com
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Male Posts : 111

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 5:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:29 am

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 5:38 pm

Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 12:32 pm

I've been watching some videos from this guy. Very thought provoking stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MenoftheInfinite/videos
Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 10:04 am

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 9:40 am

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 11:34 am

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 3:56 pm

This is a good introduction to a great thinker:

Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2015 8:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 10:13 am

Nice video of Derrida ^^^

-----------

Henri Bergson is a very underrated philosopher. In my opinion, he is one of the most profound and interesting individuals. This is a neat introduction to him:
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 11:02 am

Erik wrote:
Nice video of Derrida ^^^

-----------

Henri Bergson is a very underrated philosopher. In my opinion, he is one of the most profound and interesting individuals. This is a neat introduction to him:

I watched that video and looked into him myself. He's quite very interesting.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 11:06 am

Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 3:23 pm

Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 2:13 pm

Very good documentary that I'm watching now...

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 9:29 pm

WanderingLands,

I've seen that documentary, too.

I recently watched a video about Foucault from that same Youtube channel, which displays the video of Derrida you posted.

Both interesting postmodern philosophers.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 3:08 pm

Erik wrote:
WanderingLands,

I recently watched a video about Foucault from that same Youtube channel, which displays the video of Derrida you posted.

Yeah, very interesting philosophers. I definitely like Focault's take on society and on dealing with the excluded people in society (such as the 'insane', the 'criminals'). Derrida also seems to resonate with me very well, because of his ideas about how we entrap ourselves into our paradigm due to our various endeavors in reasoning (something that I've pondered on before Derrida).

I watched this documentary a couple of times, called 'Being In the World', which is about Martin Heidegger's philosophy on Being.

Back to top Go down
Erik

Erik

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 12:36 pm

Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Male Posts : 250

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm

WanderingLands wrote:
Erik wrote:
WanderingLands,

Yeah, very interesting philosophers. I definitely like Focault's take on society and on dealing with the excluded people in society (such as the 'insane', the 'criminals'). Derrida also seems to resonate with me very well, because of his ideas about how we entrap ourselves into our paradigm due to our various endeavors in reasoning (something that I've pondered on before Derrida).

I watched this documentary a couple of times, called 'Being In the World', which is about Martin Heidegger's philosophy on Being.

Nice video..

Good quote from the video when trying to focus on accomplishing something.

Quote :
There is no place I would rather be
There is nobody i would rather be with
There is nothing I would rather be doing
This i will remember well
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 8:18 pm

mannequin wrote:

Nice video..

Quote :

Doing things while knowing full well that these memories and moments will be temporary outside our human 'ego' realm - it definitely is inspirational.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2015 8:31 pm

WanderingLands wrote:
mannequin wrote:

Nice video..

Quote :

Doing things while knowing full well that these memories and moments will be temporary outside our human 'ego' realm - it definitely is inspirational.

I find it very difficult to be 100% absorbed in anything
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2015 1:38 pm

mannequin wrote:

I have that problem myself; feeling that I've hardly accomplished much and always being all over the place with my hobbies. For me, it's an overestimation of my power to occupy myself in various endeavors, and the desire to 'know everything' and 'know the truth'.
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 2:03 pm

An interview with Ken L. Wheeler, getting into photography and the rules of art and aesthetics.
Back to top Go down
mannequin
Διονύσιος

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:55 am

WanderingLands wrote:
mannequin wrote:

I have that problem myself; feeling that I've hardly accomplished much and always being all over the place with my hobbies. For me, it's an overestimation of my power to occupy myself in various endeavors, and the desire to 'know everything' and 'know the truth'.

Yes, after awhile, it becomes a vicious circle to the point where nothing actually get done leaving you with a miserable feeling of inevitable regret.

I have since applied a disciplinary rule upon myself to regulate my thoughts and behaviour into a positive productive direction, by writing everything down on paper and religiously following it without choice...

Accompanied with a command

I shall not violate the holiness of written word.

Seems to be working..
Back to top Go down
AvantGarde
Ερμής

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 11:27 am

mannequin wrote:

Yes, after awhile, it becomes a vicious circle to the point where nothing actually get done leaving you with a miserable feeling of inevitable regret.

I have since applied a disciplinary rule upon myself to regulate my thoughts and behaviour into a positive productive direction, by writing everything down on paper and religiously following it without choice...

Accompanied with a command

I shall not violate the holiness of written word.

Seems to be working..

I've applied that in my life myself, though not always. I notice that I go through a cycle of being productive to slacking off after a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Educational Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Educational Videos   Educational Videos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Educational Videos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next